Pros and Cons of DIY (Do it Yourself) Wedding Invitations
Wedding invitations need not be expensive formal affairs. DIY invitation cards do not require expert crafters or artists. Innovative ideas and deft placement of various design elements, can create attractive handmade wedding invitation cards. An unusual and customised wedding invitation can set it apart from the routine printed cards available.
For a truly innovative handmade invitation card for your wedding, let the card speak for the both of you. Identify the style you want it to represent – Glittery, understated and elegant, bohemian, or cute and funny! Take some time to arrive at your theme of choice so that it can aid the design process. You can follow the design theme of the wedding décor and other elements. Take stock of the design elements required for preparing the DI invitation cards and the timeline for getting them readied.
Many online sites offer wedding invitation templates to choose from. Some of these templates allow customization. Once you create the template, print them out on good-quality stock paper. The cards can be made special with trims, dried flowers, glitter, or other embellishments. Paper for printing invitation cards comes in a range of options, from the simple thin white stock paper to luxurious paper with a satiny feel. These choices are available at specialty stationery stores.
Pros of DIY wedding invitations
- DIY wedding invitations can be an expression of your creativity. Juxtapose various art elements for a pleasing and personalised look.
- Place photographs to add a unique touch.
- Customised DIY cards can be monogrammed with simple lettering. Monograms can be created to commemorate the wedding – perhaps with the couple’s initials.
- Elements of metal also can be incorporated. Add a hint of gold foil to add a luxe effect.
Cons of opting for handmade invitation cards
- DIY wedding invitations require high-quality paper stock, envelopes, ribbons, paints, and other embellishments. These elements need to be procured and might not be very cheap.
- A DIY handmade invitation card take effort, and it involves time out from your daily routine to get them done well in time.